Level 7 in the Qualifications and Credit Framework
Achievement at Level 7 reflects the ability to reformulate and use relevant understanding, methodologies and approaches to address problematic situations that involve many interacting factors. It includes taking responsibility for planning and developing courses of action that initiate or underpin substantial change or development, as well as exercising broad autonomy and judgement. It also reflects an understanding of relevant theoretical and methodological perspectives and how they affect their area of study or work.
Knowledge and understanding
- Reformulate and use practical, conceptual or technological understanding to create ways forward in contexts where there are many interacting factors.
- Critically analyse, interpret and evaluate complex information, concepts and theories to produce modified conceptions.
- Understand the wider contexts in which the area of study or work is located.
- Understand current developments in the area of study or work.
- Understand different theoretical and methodological perspectives and how they affect the area of study or work.
Application and Action
- Conceptualise and address problematic situations that involve many interacting factors.
- Determine and use appropriate methodologies and approaches.
- Design and undertake research, development or strategic activities to inform the area of work or study, or produce organisational or professional change.
- Critically evaluate actions, methods and results and their short- and long-term implications.
Autonomy and accountability
- Take responsibility for planning and developing courses of action that initiate or underpin substantial changes or developments.
Exercise broad autonomy and judgement across a significant area of work or study.
- Lead complex tasks and processes, taking responsibility, where relevant, for the work and roles of others.